The Copperhead District of the Sam Houston Area Council, Boy Scouts of America will honor one Chartered Partner that has contributed greatly to the Copperhead District. This award promotes strong relationships between Chartered Organizations and Boy Scouts of America.
Our Scouts and Scout units rely on support from our community to provide a successful program. Community members and organizations contribute time, manpower, facilities, and funding. The Partners in Scouting Award allows the district to recognize a community partner that generously supported our Copperhead District Scouts, Scouters and events.
The award recipient will receive a plaque for display at their facility. Awards are presented at the district dinner.
Nominees may be:
- Religious communities
- Educational groups
- Civic, service, or fraternal associations
- Business, industry, labor, military, or veterans organizations
Nominees should not include an organization that is currently chartering one or more units within the boundaries of the Sam Houston Area Council. Those organizations are recognized by the Chartered Partner Award.
The nominee will display attributes similar to the following:
- Provides noteworthy service to scout youth or scout leaders.
- Supports the district or units by offering money, facilities, manpower, advice, encouragement, advertising, or other tangible services.
- Assists in increasing the reputation of Scouting within the community organization.
How to Nominate
- Do not inform the nominee. This nomination is confidential.
- Confine your responses to the space provided.
- Submit only one nomination per institution.
- Awards can be submitted online or using a paper nomination form following the submission instructions.